Duck egg pavlova with cream and summer fruits
Duck eggs make superbly crisp and light merigues. This classic summer version is very easy to prepare and will keep for as long as you can resist the temptation...........30 mins preparation / serves 6
3 Watercress Lane Duck Egg whites
175g caster sugar
275ml whipping or double cream
350g prepared raspberries or other soft fruits
icing sugar to dust
1. Pre-heat the oven to 150'C / gas mark 2 and line a lightly oiled baking tray with parchment.
2. Place the egg whites in a large clean bowl and whisk until they form soft peaks. Then add the sugar, about 25g at a time, whisking until it's all combined and the mixture is thick.
3. Spoon the mixture onto teh baking sheet to form a circle about 20cm in diameter and add extra spoonfuls around the edge to form a lip.
4. Place in the oven, then immediately turn down the heat to gas mark 1, 275'F (140'C) and leave it to cook for 1 hour.
5. Turn the oven off but leave the pavlova inside until it's completely cold.
6. To serve, peel off the paper and place the meringue on a serving dish. Spread the whipped cream on top, arrange the fruit on the whipped cream and dust with a little sifted icing sugar.